General Earphone and Headphone Care
Here are some tips for prolonging the life of your Sennheiser earphones or headphones:
- Ensure that the device is not playing any audio and that the volume is turned right down when connecting or disconnecting the headphones. Failure to do this can cause a 'pop' in the driver which may result in early driver failure.
- Do not overdrive the earphones with the level of the source being too high or being distorted. Very high level signals which cause distortion in the driver can result in the drivers failing. Equally a poor quality distorted source can also cause damage to the drivers.
- Ensure that the earphones or headphones are kept clean and free from moisture and dust to optimise the performance of the driver.
- Remove the earbuds or padding to clean them. They can be washed in warm soapy water and thoroughly dried before being put back on the earphones.
- Try to remove any dirt from within earphones. This can be done with a soft brush or cloth. Avoid using any sharp objects to remove residues from the earphones as this can damage the drivers.
- Keep the cable free of tangles or knots
- When storing the earphones, please ensure that the cable is not wrapped too tightly around anything so that stress is not put on the cable. Also, do not pull the cable tightly at the point of entry into the earphones or into the connector.
- Always try to use the storage case if provided.